04 April 2009

Queenstown

I'm fortunate that my work enables me to get to travel to some of the New Zealand's most scenic towns and this week I had the pleasure of spending a few days in beautiful Queenstown, nestled amongst the mountains in New Zealand's South Island.

Here's a few snaps I took.


A beautiful looking Lake Whakatipu and mountain backdrop. It's still autumn here and we've had no winter snow storms yet, but in winter these mountain peaks will be covered with the white fluffy stuff.

There's plenty to do here from ...



Jet boating and ...



Bungy jumping for the thrill seekers, through to ...



just cruising the lake on the on the 98 year old steamer, SS Earnslaw for those keen on a slower pace of life.

I also made it to the southern most point on New Zealand's South Island, Bluff.



In biking news, I've finally entered the Xterra Mountain Bike race in Rotorua which is taking place in two weeks. After 9 or 10 days of no training due to my South Island trip and then straining my back mid week, I have a bit of catching up to do. Still plenty of time though to get some good training rides in.

4 comments:

Aaron April 5, 2009 at 7:42 AM  

Nice place for work to send you! Good luck with Xterra sounds like fun.

Ewen April 5, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

It certainly looks beautiful - even without the snow. I'll remember to plan my visit (when it happens) for summer.

Enjoy the training rides - no stacks before the race!

Anonymous,  April 6, 2009 at 11:53 PM  

What beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing! We are thinking about doing our next 7 Continents Marathon in New Zealand and I can't wait! :)

Unknown April 7, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

Beautiful! Is there any part of New Zealand that isn't beautiful?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP