04 March 2009

Back in the saddle again

I went for my first ride in almost two weeks today following my small op of a few weeks ago.

The ride was just a short five miler, pretty flat, just to ease back into it. I felt no ill effects at all which was pleasing. Legs felt a little weaker but I guess that is to be expected after a couple of weeks off.

Shouldn't be long and I will be back to where I was a month ago. Still thinking about a mountain bike race in Rotorua in April. It's about six weeks ago so I had better make a decision soon.

I just have to decide whether I can justify the cost of taking the family away for a weekend just so I can have a go at some mountain bike race. It would be nice to get away however as this would be a last chance to go away as a family prior to the arrival of our new addition to the family due in June.

We found out a few weeks ago that we will be having a baby girl, which everyone is very excited about. Both Jack and Sam and mum are particularly happy to be getting a baby sister and a long awaited daughter.

4 comments:

Unknown March 5, 2009 at 5:50 AM  

Congratulations on the impending baby girl! It sounds like you should go off and get that trip in while you can. She is going to demand a lot of your attention when she arrives. All girls do. ;-)

Ewen March 6, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

That's great news about the impending new arrival. Jack and Sam will have a little sister to boss round - um, I mean look after.

Do the trip - sounds like it'll be a fun weekend.

Thomas March 10, 2009 at 1:07 AM  

Congratulations on the happy news! I find girls are easier than boys.

Scott McMurtrey March 12, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

i have bag full of justifications to get away. sometimes i just pull one out and use it. :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP