19 January 2010

Yes, I'm back!

Well after four months of inactivity I'm back on the exercise band wagon.

As you may have guessed my brief flirtation with running was quickly curtailed due to an ankle injury which only now seems to be coming right. Maybe my body is just not cut out for running??

So cycling it is again and in the last week I've eased back into the saddle with four short 30 minute rides.

I've actually been cycling most days since mid December due to the fact that I've sold my car and am yet to get a replacement. That means I have a short 5-10 minute ride to the bus station and back each work day.

With Christmas and New Year holidays out of the way I thought as I'm on my bike most days I should really take the opportunity to get some decent rides in. With that in mind I'm going to 'take the long way home' 3 or 4 nights a week.

This should help keep the weight under control and keep my fitness at an acceptable level. No grander plans yet other than getting back into some regular exercise.

Call me mad but I still want to run, something in me just makes me want to persevere with trying to get fit and injury free again so I can again enjoy some regular running.

Maybe 2010 will be the year I succeed in doing that?

3 comments:

Ewen,  January 22, 2010 at 7:41 PM  

Hi Bruce, you're not mad if you still want to run!

Noticed you've been getting a lot of spam comments on 'Jack Lovelock' - either that, or he has many fans in China ;)

Andrew is getting fit February 5, 2010 at 8:13 PM  

I hope you manage to get running again soon. I personally don't like cycling for fitness but it's great for recreation.

Bruce February 7, 2010 at 11:27 PM  

I agree but at the moment it seems to be all I can manage without hurting myself (other than swimming i guess). You basically need to double your running training times i feel for biking to be of much benefit.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP