05 October 2009

Slight hiccup

Its been a quiet week.

I noticed early on in the month a slight twinge in my ankle and after a few weeks this was not improving - in fact was probably worsening slightly as I increased the distance of runs.

I thought therefore I'm best to rest and let it recover rather than ignore it and do more damage and prolong any recovery.

Thinking back to a cause the only thing I have really been able to point to as a possible cause was some ankle and shin strengthening exercises I had been doing. Perhaps I over did these a little?

I'm hoping with a weeks rest, some icing and some anti- inflammatory pills I will be able to recommence the running again soon.

Feel a bit guilty though as I've used this as a bit of an excuse to back off all my cross training which is not good.

1 comments:

Ewen October 6, 2009 at 5:56 PM  

That's a shame Bruce. Just as the weather is turning for the better too. Hope it's not too long before you're giving the Newtons another run.

Top 10 Digg.com Sports Stories

Fitness Tip of the Day

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP