13 September 2009

Arrivial of the Newton Running trainers

My new (well not exactly as they are a trial pair which have done about 30 miles, nice price though) Newton trainers arrived during the week.



It is early days and we are still getting to know each other but initial thoughts are that they feel comfortable and they are considerably lighter than my Adidas trainers. The forefoot cushioning is actually firmer that I was expecting. I was a little surprized that the shoes have very little flex through the toe box though. Overall they have considerably less cushioning through the heel when compared with my Adidas. That's obviously intended as the shoe is specifically to accommodate a mid foot striking runner.

So far I have done one short run (with regular walk breaks) in them on Saturday which was on grass. I expect once I experience running on pavement I may notice the cushioning some more.

Will keep you posted how these shoes go.

4 comments:

Ewen September 14, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

Can't wait to see how they go - but sensible to not do too much in them too soon.

Good luck (but not to the ABs or Silver Ferns).

Scott McMurtrey September 15, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

Nice looking shoes. I've been doing some reading about the benefits of ultra-light, flat, non-cushioning shoes (or especially barefoot training) and how they make better strides and foot strikes because your foot will strike mid-foot more naturally. Good luck with them.

Ewen September 17, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

I'll go a virtual six-pack with you on both Bruce. I'm more confident about the Diamonds. Even an NZ coach can't get the Wallabies on a roll.

MikeH,  November 24, 2009 at 4:40 AM  

Hi,
I've been running with the Newton's for about 3 months and times have come down dramatically.
However, if you start training again and need to run/walk at any time, the full blooded Newtons are not so good and when walking on hard surfaces the midfoot begins to burn.
So maybe there is a need for 2 pairs, the Newton Isaac for initial training weeks and the motion/ stability/etc models when approaching full fitness.
i assume I'm not the only one to have come up against this,
regards
Mike

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP