06 January 2009

Back into my Crosstraining.

Today I made the first tenantive steps back into some cross training. I took my mountain bike into work today and during my lunch break I went for a 30 minute ride.

The sun was out and it was a beautiful hot day and I am in Auckland so it goes without saying there's going to be some hills too.

The ride was just over 5 1/2 miles or 9 km. I enjoyed being back outside doing some exercise. Its been a few months since I've done any but I didn't feel like I was that unfit, though I did have to chop right down to the low gears on some of the hills (I think the hills are a bit steeper over your side of the bridge Andrew!).

I've spent a few days trying to work out how I was going to fit in some exercise and ended up opting for the lunch time rides. I'll just leave my bike at work during the week and ride 3-4 lunch time a weeks. I have also thought about starting swimming again as I've found that to be extremely efficient for building fitness in the past. Once a week should do it.

I'm also starting up my stretching again in the evenings. Though I'm no longer do any Bikram Yoga classes, I basically know all the poses so will include a few of those in my nightly stretching routine. It will be like my private little Yoga session without the oppressive heat.

3 comments:

Andrew is getting fit January 7, 2009 at 6:25 AM  

Funnily enough I got on my bike for the first time in about 18 months on Monday. My wife was doing a run and wanted me to come along but it was my rest day so I followed her on the bike. Going up some of the hills I was a lot slower than I am running!

Unknown January 7, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

I hope the crosstraining goes really well. If you take it slow and listen to your body, I'm sure you well make good progress.

Ewen January 7, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

It's good that you have a regular routine happening Bruce.

I've just been glued to the last 10 overs of the test - pretty dramatic stuff.

We've had it beautiful and hot over here too - although 35C today was pushing the friendship a bit.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP